The Canon 35MMFHDXS Evaluation kit features an ultra-high sensitivity 2.76 MP industrial CMOS image sensor from Canon. The sensor’s enormous 19µm pixels, which minimize noise and dark current and allow control over readout position and frame rate, make the 35MMFHDXS unique in capabilities among all other CMOS sensors for low light imaging. The camera is available with an AIA USB 3.0 Vision Interface (U3V), and a video output interface.
Combined with Critical Link’s software tools designed for our Arria 10 based processor card, the Canon 35MMFHDXS Evaluation Kit makes sensor evaluation and product integration quick and easy. Critical Link also supports a board set version of the camera for customers designing their own mechanicals or managing other integrations; contact us for more details.
Evaluation Kit Contents
The Canon 35MMFHDXS Evaluation Kit allows integrators and end users to assess sensor performance and provides assets for image system designers to help accelerate development time. The Evaluation Kit features a camera with a pre-installed 35MMFHDXS 19µm, 2.76 MP CMOS sensor with raw data serial output via a USB 3.1 (Gen 1) interface. The evaluation kit has an open architecture design and gives developers the option to embed processing and software with the on-board ARM and FPGA*.
The 35MMFHDXS Evaluation Kit includes:
- Evaluation camera with pre-installed sensor (mono, RGB, or RGB-NIR )
- Accessory package for out-of-the-box operation (quick start guide, power supply, all necessary cables)
- Embedded software to setup the sensor, acquire image data, and communicate over USB 3.1 interface with any USB 3 compliant UI
- PC-based UI application available for download to communicate with the camera
- Sensor board design files source code*
- VHDL code for the FPGA*
*Source code and VHDL code only available upon request with an NDA
NOTE: A Lens is not included in this kit.
As the lens plays a critical role in any imaging system, it is imperative that a suitable lens is selected to properly evaluate sensor performance for your end application.
When selecting an appropriate lens, there are several key factors which must be considered: Lens Type, Lens Mount, Focal Length, Sensor Size, Resolving Power, and Aperture to name a few of the more important ones. Some of these factors are associated with your application, and some are directly tied to how the CMOS sensor will perform.
- Scientific & medical imaging
- Industrial R&D
- Night Vision
- Surveillance & security
- “Big Science” telescopy
- Fluorescence imaging/microscopy
- Biomedical imaging
- Machine vision
- Canon Sensor Evaluation Kits Overview
- Critical Link 35MMFHDXS Evaluation Kit Datasheet
- Quick Start Guide
- User Manual
- GenTL Viewer Manual
- Canon 35MMFHDXS CMOS Sensor Product Page
- MitySOM-A10S System on Module Product Page
- Altera Arria 10 SoC Documentation
- Additional documentation is available on the MityCAM wiki page of our engineering support site (account required for some downloads)
|Active Pixels||2160 (H) x 1280 (V)|
|Pixel Size||19µm x 19µm|
41.04mm (W) x 24.32mm (H)
|Frame Rate (Rolling Shutter)||
|Dark Random Noise||2.2e rms @ gain x16|
Mono or Color
On-board Processor (MitySOM-A10S)
Intel/Altera Arria 10 SoC – Dual core ARM and up to 480KLE FPGA fabric
|Full Featured SDK||
Supports rapid application development
- Full cameras feature a standard F mount lens, while the board set version allows quick and easy custom integration into your product. Please contact Critical Link for more information.
-30°C to +80°C
- USB 3 / AIA USB3 Vision
- Additional interfaces may be available – contact us to inquire about your preferred protocol
- Measurements are in millimeters
|Dimensions (with Compact Enclosure)||
119.3mm x 119.3mm x 98.6mm (4.7″ x 4.7″ x 3.9″)
|Weight (with Compact Enclosure)||
MityCAM image acquisition can be done with MityViewer, Critical Link’s software solution for optimal throughput and complete functionality.
We recommend visiting the MityCAM wiki page on our engineering support site and registering for an account in advance of receiving your MityCAM. Once your registration is confirmed, you can download the latest version of our MityViewer software from the wiki page, which will be required to start capturing images.
The following table lists off-the-shelf configuration options for the 35MMFHDXS Evaluation Kit. For shipping status, availability, and lead time of these or other configurations, please contact Critical Link.
|Kit Part Number||Interface Option||Sensor Option||Buy|
|35MMFHDXS-UM-C-S||USB 3 + Video output||Mono||Buy|
|35MMFHDXS-UC-C-S||USB 3 + Video output||Color||Buy|
Canon 35MMFHDXS Evaluation Kit
Get this product directly from Critical Link:
Or click to order this product from one of our distributors: