The Canon 120MXS Evaluation kit features an ultra-high 120 MP industrial CMOS image sensor from Canon. The sensor shares a Floating Diffusion Node between four pixels instead of one, allowing for smaller readout circuitry and larger photodiodes which allows for increased sensitivity. Small 2.2µm pixels leverage a wire layer to prevent crosstalk, contributing to superior image quality, while progressive pixel reading of 28 digital output channels deftly handles the enormous amount of data from 122 million effective pixels. The camera is available with an AIA USB 3.0 Vision Interface (U3V), and a video output interface.
Combined with Critical Link’s software tools designed for our Arria 10 based processor card, the Canon 120MXS Evaluation Kit makes sensor evaluation and product integration quick and easy. Critical Link also supports a board set version of the camera for customers designing their own mechanicals or managing other integrations; contact us for more details.
Evaluation Kit Contents
The Canon 120MXS Evaluation Kit allows integrators and end users to assess sensor performance and provides assets for image system designers to help accelerate development time. The Evaluation Kit features a camera with a pre-installed 120MXS 120 MP CMOS sensor with raw data serial output via a USB 3.1 (Gen 1) interface. The evaluation kit has an open architecture design and gives developers the option to embed processing and software with the on-board ARM and FPGA*.
The 120MXS Evaluation Kit includes:
- Evaluation camera with pre-installed sensor (mono, RGB, or RGB-NIR )
- Accessory package for out-of-the-box operation (quick start guide, power supply, all necessary cables)
- Embedded software to setup the sensor, acquire image data, and communicate over USB 3.1 interface with any USB 3 compliant UI
- PC-based UI application available for download to communicate with the camera
- Sensor board design files source code*
- VHDL code for the FPGA*
*Source code and VHDL code only available upon request with an NDA
NOTE: A Lens is not included in this kit.
As the lens plays a critical role in any imaging system, it is imperative that a suitable lens is selected to properly evaluate sensor performance for your end application.
When selecting an appropriate lens, there are several key factors which must be considered: Lens Type, Lens Mount, Focal Length, Sensor Size, Resolving Power, and Aperture to name a few of the more important ones. Some of these factors are associated with your application, and some are directly tied to how the CMOS sensor will perform.
- Machine Vision
- Industrial Inspection
- Flat Panel Display Inspection
- Document Scanning
- Aerial Mapping and Surveillance
- 3D metrology
- Aeronautic imaging
- Digital archives
- Document scanning
- Intelligent traffic systems
- Large area surveillance
- Medical imaging
- Packaging and inspection
- Scientific research
- Critical Link 120MXS Evaluation Kit Overview – Coming Soon
- Critical Link 120MXS Evaluation Kit Datasheet – Coming Soon
- Canon 120MXS CMOS Sensor Product Page
- Canon 120MXS CMOS Sensor Product Brochure
- Canon 120MXS CMOS Sensor Data Sheet
- MitySOM-A10S System on Module Product Page
- Altera Arria 10 SoC Documentation
- Additional documentation is available on the MityCAM wiki page of our engineering support site (account required for some downloads)
|Active Pixels||13272 (H) x 9176 (V)|
|Pixel Size||2.2um x 2.2um|
29.2mm (W) x 20.2mm (H)
|Frame Rate (Global Shutter)||
9.4fps, 10-bit output mode
|Dark Current @ 60C||
8.1e-/s @gain x8
Mono or Color
|Read-out Noise (@9.5fps)||
Data Acquisition Modes
For controlling electric charge accumulation periods
On-board Processor (MitySOM-A10S)
Intel/Altera Arria 10 SoC – Dual core ARM and up to 480KLE FPGA fabric
|Full Featured SDK||
Supports rapid application development
- Full cameras feature a standard F mount lens, while the board set version allows quick and easy custom integration into your product. Please contact Critical Link for more information.
-30°C to +80°C
- USB 3 / AIA USB3 Vision
- Additional interfaces may be available – contact us to inquire about your preferred protocol
- Measurements are in millimeters
|Dimensions (with Compact Enclosure)||
119.3mm x 119.3mm x 98.6mm (4.7″ x 4.7″ x 3.9″)
|Weight (with Compact Enclosure)||
MityCAM image acquisition can be done with MityViewer, Critical Link’s software solution for optimal throughput and complete functionality.
We recommend visiting the MityCAM wiki page on our engineering support site and registering for an account in advance of receiving your MityCAM. Once your registration is confirmed, you can download the latest version of our MityViewer software from the wiki page, which will be required to start capturing images.
Canon 120MXS Evaluation Kit
Get this product directly from Critical Link: