These High-Speed Converter Platforms were co-developed by Arrow Electronics and Critical Link using the MitySOM-A10S Development Kit and technology from Analog Devices and Intel. The RF development platforms include example designs for high performance Analog to Digital (ADC) and Digital to Analog (DAC) converters. Typical end user applications of this technology include Software Defined Radio and Radar.
These converters offer the flexibility of a selectable wideband frequency range. The converter hardware footprint is reduced by the utilization of the space-saving, high-speed JESD204B serial interface. These interfaces are typically comprised of multiple Gigabit-per-second serial interfaces. The MitySOM-A10S, featuring an Intel® Arria® 10 SoC FPGA, is well suited to interface to these converters and is featured prominently in these platforms.
The MitySOM-A10S is a production-ready System on Module (SOM) that meets stringent industrial requirements and can be used in end-user custom products. SOMs reduce design complexity, enhance time to market, and lower total cost of ownership.
Analog Devices: About the Technology
The ADRV9009 Platform connects an Intel Arria® 10 SoC FPGA to an Analog Devices ADRV9009 evaluation board over an FMC connector using the JESD204B serial interface operating at lane rates as high as 12.288 Gbps. The Analog Devices’ ADRV9009 is a wide bandwidth, high performance RF integrated transceiver with dual transmitters; dual receivers; and a dual-input, shared-observation receiver.
The ADRV9371 Platform is a complete development platform for applications that require high-performance radios capable of operating over a wideband frequency range. This platform is based on the Analog Devices AD9371 dual RF transceiver, which has a tunable range of 300 MHz to 6000 MHz. The ADRV9371 FMC converter evaluation board connects to the Intel Arria 10 SoC FPGA using the JESD204B serial interface over an FMC connector at lane rates as high as 6.144 Gbps.
The ADRV9375 Platform connects an Intel Arria 10 SoC FPGA to an ADRV9375 evaluation board through an FMC connector using a JESD204B serial interface operating at lane rates as high as 6.144 Gbps. The Analog Devices ADRV9375 evaluation board is based on the Analog Devices AD9375 dual RF transceiver, which is similar to the Analog Devices AD9371 dual RF transceiver, but the AD9375 dual RF transceiver adds an on-chip digital pre-distortion (DPD) algorithm block.
The ADRV9009 reference platform is ideal for developing a wide range of RF applications including:
- 3G/4G/5G TDD Macro Cell Base Stations
- TDD Active Antenna Systems
- Massive MIMO
- Phased Array Radar
- Electronic Warfare
- Military Communications
- Portable Test Equipment
The ADRV9371 and ADRV9375 reference platforms are ideal for developing a wide range of RF applications including:
- 3G/4G micro and macro base stations
- 3G/4G multicarrier picocells
- FDD and TDD antenna systems
- Microwave NLOS backhaul systems
- Test and measurement applications
- Software defined radios (SDR)
Development Kit Contents
- MitySOM-A10S System on Module
- Carrier card with FMC HPC connector (the MitySOM-A10S development board)
- Analog Devices FMC converter board
Example designs include:
- JESD204B HDL code
- Linux operating system
- Custom IIO Linux device drivers
- IIO Oscilloscope, a Linux user space application
Each platform is provided with a unique Quick Start Guide, ensuring a good out-of-box experience. Complete example design source code is provided in repositories. This includes source for Linux and FPGA HDL code.
Documentation for these RF reference platforms can be found at https://github.com/ArrowElectronics/arrow-adi-intel-psg/wiki.
Each of the user guides below include a quick start manual, platform architecture information, and instructions to build the example design:
Additional documentation for the MitySOM-A10S:
Compatible SOM Modules
Technical Support for the MitySOM-A10S
Our customers benefit from engineering and applications support for the life of their product. This includes free, lifetime access to our technical support site, as well as access to application engineering resources and other services.
- Visit our MitySOM-A10S Intel/Altera Arria 10 SoC Development Kit Wiki to access:
- Linux OS and board support package details, including source code
- Product change notices
- Base board design guide
- Development kit base board design files
- Software guide to getting started, tool chain, tips and how-to’s
- Hardware power draw, pin outs, shock and vibration, CAD files, mechanical drawings and 3D models
- Frequently asked questions
- Visit our MitySOM-A10S Intel/Altera Arria 10 SOM Forum to access:
- Software, Hardware, and FPGA forums
- Intel/Altera Arria 10 SoC Documentation
Critical Link’s embedded design team also offers engineering services and other support options such as:
- Schematic design review for customer designed carrier boards
- Complete design review services
- Software development services, including custom BSP development
- Base board development services
- Systems Engineering, Software, and Hardware Design to support your project anywhere in the product development lifecycle
Contact us for more information on these services.
Please contact your local Arrow rep or Critical Link (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on any of these RF development platforms. Loaner kits are available from Arrow Electronics for customers to evaluate these solutions.
RF Development Platforms with MitySOM-A10S
Get this product directly from Critical Link:
Or click to order this product from one of our distributors: