Critical Link, LLC, a leading technology firm in East Syracuse, NY is seeking multiple Product Test & Manufacturing Engineers to join their growing firm. Operating since 1997, Critical Link is an embedded systems engineering and products firm providing System on Modules (SOMs) and imaging solutions for a wide range of industrial electronic applications.
Critical Link is seeking energetic, self-motivated candidates who enjoy working in a team environment. Candidates must have strong written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
This is a full-time position supporting the successful test and production of all Critical Link products. This position will also work with interdisciplinary teams across the company including engineering and sales/marketing.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide engineering support to on-going manufacturing – this includes analyzing product failures to improve yield thereby addressing manufacturing, test and/or design related issues.
- Support the generation of production data/statistics for the purpose of monitoring and improving overall product quality.
- Support design for manufacturability & test activities of high precision printed circuit assemblies by interacting with manufacturing and quality teams of our contract manufacturers and incorporating their feedback into existing product designs.
- Participate in design reviews to assess manufacturability and test capability of new products.
- Working with R&D teams to ensure the effective and complete transition of new products to production in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Support the production team with design & qualification of test fixtures. Develop & maintain process instructions for manufacturing assembly, integration, and test operations.
- Support field installations (when required) and troubleshoot field returns.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering. EE/EET/CE/CET preferred.
- Experience with common test/development lab equipment: Oscilloscopes, power supplies, digital multi-meters, etc.
- Ability to read Schematics, Assembly drawings and Bills of Materials.
- Ability to solder preferred but not required.
- Operational knowledge of relational database management (e.g. SQL, Access) for data storage retrieval, manipulation, and analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Keen interest in streamlining daily production activities with a perspective of process improvement and technical automation.
- Ability to perform both electrical and mechanical tasks.
- Some understanding/familiarity of Linux.
- Ability to program in scripting languages (e.g. python).
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems (ISO9001), familiarity with techniques such as Visual Management, Lean Manufacturing, and 5-S.
To apply for the Product Test & Manufacturing Engineer position, send your resume to HR@CriticalLink.com.