Critical Link is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to provide technical leadership and individual technical contribution in the design, development, test, and integration of complex, embedded electronics systems.
The ideal candidate enjoys performing all aspects of software development life cycle. Must be self-motivated, enjoy working within a team environment, and have good interpersonal communication skills. This individual will:
- Participate in new product development
- Support and sustain existing products
- Provide technical support on projects
- Perform software process steps such as detailed estimating techniques, specification reviews, and software design reviews.
- Lead documentation to meet manufacturing and field requirements
The successful candidate will have experience and capabilities with the following:
- Leading a team on a project
- Mentoring of less experienced engineers
- Project management and customer interface
- Design of software for electronic controls for embedded applications
- Knowledge of embedded software design, development, and real time operating
- Programming using C/C++. Assembly experience desired.
- Integrating software with hardware systems
- Ability to use oscilloscopes, interval timers, emulators, logic analyzers, and other diagnostic equipment
- Familiarity with UML and object oriented analysis/design.
- Experience with TI DSP’s is preferred
- Experience with Linux or Embedded Linux is preferred.
Required Education / Experience:
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering, and a minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
About Critical Link
Critical Link, LLC is a privately-held technology firm located in Syracuse, New York. The company was recently named one of Central New York’s Best Places to Work, and was selected as the 2019 STEM Company of the Year.
Critical Link was founded in 1997 as an embedded systems engineering firm. Fast forward to today, the company has maintained its position as a top provider of engineering services, while also establishing itself as a leading provider of board-level electronic products. The company focusing on industrial-class industries and applications, and works with customers around the world ranging from small start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team and feel you are a qualified candidate, send your resume to email@example.com with “Application for Senior Software Engineer” in the subject line. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.