Critical Link is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with a strong electronics design and development background to provide technical leadership and individual technical contribution in the design, development, test, and integration of complex, embedded electronics systems.
The ideal candidate enjoys performing all aspects of hardware design. Must be self-motivated, enjoy working within a team environment, and have good interpersonal communication skills. This individual will:
- Participate in new product development
- Support and sustain existing products
- Provide technical support on projects
- Lead documentation to meet manufacturing and field requirements
- Knowledge of embedded hardware design and development, especially design of PCBs
- Understanding of PCB design and layout technologies and tradeoffs.
- Deep understanding of electrical engineering principles in analog and digital domains
- Experience with high speed interfaces such as USB3, Gigabit Ethernet, SATA, PCIe, FPGA serial transceivers, etc.
- Experience with schematic entry, component selection, and prototype and production hardware builds
- Integration of software with hardware systems
- Familiarity with using oscilloscopes, signal generators, emulators, logic analyzers, and other diagnostic equipment
- Ability to guide and oversee layout designers, and provide clear layout constraints (PC board stack-up, component placement, high speed routing, etc.)
- Experience performing trade studies / tradeoff analyses
- Demonstrated technical leadership and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of hardware process steps such as detailed estimating techniques, specification reviews, hardware design reviews
- Experience with Intel/Altera and Xilinx FPGA’s is preferred
- PCB layout capability (Cadence OrCAD or Altium Designer)
- Experience with signal integrity analysis and simulation
- Experience with image sensors and camera systems
- FPGA design and implementation using VHDL (Altera and/or Xilinx tools)
- Electronic design experience with SoC and FPGA devices and peripherals (DDR, Flash, PMIC, etc.)
Responsibilities / Typical Roles:
- Key contributor to high-level architecture and design of electronic systems
- Impact all phases of the product development cycle which includes requirements definition, design and development, verification (such as unit tests) and traceability matrix, and design transfer
- Provide technical oversight and review support to development teams during product design and development
- High-speed and mixed signal circuit design; schematic entry, supervision of PCB layout and assembly, board debug and system integration
- Interface with customers and support proposal development
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers
Required Education / Experience:
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, and a minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
About Critical Link
Critical Link, LLC is a privately-held technology firm located in Syracuse, New York. The company was recently named one of Central New York’s Best Places to Work, and was selected as the 2019 STEM Company of the Year.
Critical Link was founded in 1997 as an embedded systems engineering firm. Fast forward to today, the company has maintained its position as a top provider of engineering services, while also establishing itself as a leading provider of board-level electronic products. The company focusing on industrial-class industries and applications, and works with customers around the world ranging from small start-ups to Fortune 50 organizations.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team and feel you are a qualified candidate, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Senior Hardware Engineer” in the subject line. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.