Critical Link, LLC, a leading technology firm in East Syracuse, NY is seeking a Senior Hardware Engineer to join their growing firm. Operating since 1997, Critical Link is an embedded systems engineering and products firm providing end-to-end electronic product development, System on Module (SOM) and imaging solutions, and ongoing production services to accommodate our customer’s need.
Critical Link is seeking an energetic person who enjoys performing all aspects of hardware design. Must be self-motivated, enjoy working within a team environment, and have good interpersonal communication skills. This individual will participate in the development of advanced, high speed embedded systems based on DSP’s, 32-bit CPU’s, and FPGA’s. Projects may involve work in multiple industries, including scientific and industrial instruments, transportation, and video or audio processing. Will be involved in hardware process steps such as detailed estimating techniques, specification reviews, hardware design reviews.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
- Leading a team on a project
- Mentoring of less experienced engineers
- Project management and customer interface
- Knowledge of embedded hardware design and development
- Design of high speed analog and/or digital circuits
- Design of PCBs
- Design and implementation of FPGAs using VHDL
- Integrating software with hardware systems
- Ability to use oscilloscopes, interval timers, emulators, logic analyzers, and other diagnostic equipment
- Experience with TI DSP’s is preferred
- Experience with Altera and/or Xilinx FPGAs is preferred
Please contact us with your resume and cover letter at HR@CriticalLink.com.