The MityCAM-B2521F Board Set Solution couples a 5.5MP high-performance, low-noise sCMOS imaging sensor from Fairchild Imaging (a division of BAE Systems) with the processing technology in Critical Link’s Altera Cyclone V SoC System on Module.
- Machine Vision
- Low-light Imaging
- Embedded Instrumentation
- Scientific Imaging
- Surveillance Imaging
- Unmanned & Autonomous Systems
- Metrology Imaging
- MityCAM-B2521F/1910F Overview
- MityCAM-B2521F Data Sheet
- MityCAM-B2521F: Fairchild Imaging CIS2521 Sensor Overview
- Altera Cyclone V SoC Documentation
- Additional documentation is available on the MityCAM wiki page of our engineering support site (account required for some downloads)
|Active Pixels||2560 (H) x 2160 (V)|
|Pixel Size||6.5um x 6.5um|
|Image Area (W x H)||16.8mm x 14.2mm|
|Frame Rate Rolling Shutter Global Shutter||70fps* 35fps*|
|Dark Current e-/pixel/sec @ 20C||
|Peak Quantum Efficiency||
|ADC – Dual 11-bit ADC||
*Data rates up to 100/50fps (rolling/global shutter mode) are possible but not yet qualified.
< 2 e¯
Data Acquisition Modes
For longer exposures or synchronizing with an external shutter
For normal high-speed operation
On-board Processor (MitySOM-5CSX)
Altera Cyclone SoC – Dual core ARM Cortex-A9 and FPGA
|Full Featured SDK||
Supports rapid application development
- Full cameras feature a standard C mount or F mount, while the board set version allows quick and easy custom integration into your product. Please contact Critical Link for more information.
0°C to +50°C
- USB 3.0 Vision
- Camera Link Base + 10 tap mode
- GigE Vision
- USB 2.0
- Additional interfaces may be available – contact us to inquire about your preferred protocol
|Dimensions (with Compact Enclosure)||
76.2mm x 86.56mm x 72.28mm (3.0″ x 3.41″ x 2.85″)
|Weight (with Compact Enclosure)||
MityCAM image acquisition can be done through either a CameraLink panel application or with MityViewer, Critical Link’s software solution for optimal throughput and complete functionality.
We recommend visiting the MityCAM wiki page on our engineering support site and registering for an account in advance of receiving your MityCAM. Once your registration is confirmed, you can download the latest version of our MityViewer software from the wiki page, which will be required to start capturing images.
The following table lists configuration options for the MityCAM-B2521F board set solutions. Please note, customers doing their own development will initially require a full camera — click here to see options. For shipping status, availability, and lead time of these or other configurations, please contact Critical Link.
|Model Number||Sensor Package||
||Chroma||High Speed Interface||Body||Purchase|
|B2521FTS-CM-B-S||Scientific||Sealed||Mono||Dual Camera Link||Board Set||Contact|
|B2521FTS-GM-B-S||Scientific||Sealed||Mono||Gigabit Ethernet||Board Set||Contact|
|B2521FTS-CC-B-S||Scientific||Sealed||Color||Dual Camera Link||Board Set||Contact|
|B2521FTT-CM-B-S||Scientific||Temporary||Mono||Dual Camera Link||Board Set||Contact|
|B2521FTT-GM-B-S||Scientific||Temporary||Mono||Gigabit Ethernet||Board Set||Contact|