Critical Link, LLC, a leading technology firm in East Syracuse, NY is seeking an Electronics Manufacturing Engineering Technician to join their growing firm. Operating since 1997, Critical Link is an embedded systems engineering and products firm providing end-to-end electronic product development, System on Module (SOM) and imaging solutions, and ongoing production services to accommodate our customer’s need.
Critical Link is seeking an energetic, self-motivated person who enjoys working in a team environment. Candidates must have strong written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
The Electronics Manufacturing Engineering Technician is a full-time position supporting the Production Manager in the areas of manufacturing, test and product quality. This position will also work with interdisciplinary teams across the company including engineering and sales/marketing.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Perform production tests on printed circuit sub- assemblies and complete Electro-mechanical system assemblies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing issues at the printed circuit level and/or complete system level.
- Ability to document and update production test procedures.
- Ability to assemble electrical & electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Operate, maintain and improve automated test equipment.
- Support the generation of production data/statistics for the purpose of monitoring and improvement of overall product quality.
- Support field installations (when required) and troubleshoot field returns.
- Support transition to production and test related activities at our Electronics Manufacturing service providers (CMs).
- Minimum of Associates degree in electrical engineering technology or Mechanical engineering technology, BS preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience as a technician in electronics manufacturing environment.
- Experience with common test/development lab equipment: Oscilloscopes, power supplies, digital multi-meters, etc.
- Ability to read Schematics, Assembly drawings and Bills of Materials.
- Must be able to solder SMT components (IPC-J-STD-001 certified preferred but not required).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Keen interest in streamlining daily production activities with a perspective of process improvement and technical automation.
- Ability to perform both electrical and mechanical tasks.
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems (ISO9001), familiarity with techniques such as Visual Management, Lean Manufacturing, and 5-S.
- Software experience: Ability to navigate Altium, Inventory Management tools, and Solidworks.
Send your resume to HR@CriticalLink.com.